Sunday, February 5, 2012

Carnival

I have always wanted to go to Venice during Carnival, I just love the costumes.  The image was found on the web and I have been unable to refind to give proper credit, but I loved it as the colors worked so well with Bo Bunny's Snowfall Collection.  These papers were intimidating as they were completely gorgeous and I hated to start cutting into them, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I used the sketch from Swirlydoos Swirly Hues January Challenge.  I also used a couple of tutorials from their site.  One was using a border punch to go around a circle from Miss Jan, this ended up getting a bit lost in the layout as I went embellishment crazy.  I also dyed some Diamond Dust as per Miss Angelica's instruction.  Not a big fan of the Diamond Dust personally (to many nicks and cuts to the fingers after playing), but I have quite a bit to use up, so why not.  I have to say I love how this turned out and do believe it may become wall art in my home.  Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous layout.....LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow.... such a BEAUTIFUL page. Thanks for playing along girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! Love how you created the circle. Very eye catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feather and fluffy trim is awesome. That photo is amazing but the masks scare me. LOL Really beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri this is STUNNING. I love that photo and your flower cluster...

    ReplyDelete