Sunday, March 18, 2012

Heritage

The whole reason I started scrapping in the first place was I had an idea to take some old family photos and use those in conjunction with a poem my aunt had written to create a family heritage album.  I love finding old photos and scrapping them.  This particular layout is a picture of my great great grandparents.  They lived in Norway.  I don't know a whole lot about them - yet.

I used the sketch from Swirlydoos Swirly Hues March challenge and most of the elements came from their March kit.  As part of the challenge you need to use a tutorial from their site and I actually used two.  One was a video tutorial on tissue paper flowers.  I had to make a couple of modifications as I didn't have all that was required.  I also used a tutorial on altering Petaloo flowers with Magical Micas (love that stuff) and glitter.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful page!! Great job with the flowers. What an awesome photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful page! I love that gorgeous picture and I love how your flowers turned out. awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sherry! I didn't know you had started a blog, so I'm glad you stopped by along the hop! This is beautiful! I always love your work (and I'm your newest follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you work and enjoyed having a look around your blog. I'm now following your blog :)

    Thanks for the comment left on my blog as part of the The Scrapbook Kitchen NSD blog hop. It is much appreciated and I will be drawing the winner later today along with a pic of what the winner has won.

    If you were looking for the follow me button (it seemed to have disappeared) I have re-added it so those that want to can keep up with what I am up to. I'm not a post every day person, but I do post regularly.

    Thanks again for visiting my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty one!
    Thanks for visit and nice comments on my blog hop!

    ReplyDelete